Urbahn provided design services to provide accessibility to this commuter station while renovating select historic fabric. Constructed in 1913 to service the Delaware, Lackawanna, and Western Railroad, the station is listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places. As such, all modifications were designed to meet the requirements of the New Jersey State Historic Preservation Office. The architecture of the existing 2-story station building is distinctive, characterized by a highly ornamental two-tone brick exterior with arched windows, roundelles, and a tiled hipped roof with deep bracketed eaves.
Urbahn’s design featured a new free-standing elevator tower connected back to the station building with a canopied path. The form and materials of the tower mirrors the historic station architecture, closely matching the brick and roofing. Other project components included upgraded or new canopies, ramps, entrances, ticket windows, and public restrooms.